Skip to main content

Welcome to my first post!

Original, well-loved, cards from my youth. Rose: "I'd walk
through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball."
My Story:
I started collecting sports cards back in 1970 when I was about 9-yrs old. If I recall correctly, the first packs I opened in 70 and 71 contained a card of Pete Rose. Rose became my favorite player because of his hustle and desire to win, and he was one of the main cogs of the Cincinnati Reds Big Red Machine, my favorite team. (I still consider Rose to be one of the best players ever, but I have no respect for what he has done outside of the white lines)

I collected a lot of cards up until mid 1975 which is when my interests changed, but I never got rid of those cards (nor were they thrown away by mom or dad, thankfully). I got back into collecting, on and off, from the mid 80's up to this day, but only baseball cards.

Over the years, I realized I had a fairly decent collection of player cards from those days and started to organize my collection into a few groups, mostly cards of members of the National Baseball Hall of Fame, Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame, Syracuse Baseball Wall of Fame, Negro League, and some other unique mini-collections. I continue to try and build up these collections to this day.

With the other remaining (and numerous) cards in my collection, I started some other collections of cards that I thought were cool and I thought might be of interest to others (errors, nicknames, stadiums, no. 1 draft picks, 2-sport athletes, etc.). I'm hoping there are others out there that may be interested in those, and maybe we can make some exchanges.

Earlier in 2019 I stumbled onto some baseball card blogs that I found to be really interesting and informative, and realized that there are like-minded collectors out there that might be interested in seeing some of my collection and sharing information. If you see a gap in my collection and feel compelled to help fill it, please be sure to let me know how I can reciprocate.

So this is my foray into the blog world. I don't know where it's going to go, or how frequent I'll post, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I hope you enjoy this site, and I hope to make some connections to share information, perhaps trade with, and establish some new relationships. Feel free to connect, and thanks for stopping by.

Regards,
Bill

aka CinciCuse Bill

Comments

  1. Welcome aboard Bill, hope to see many more posts from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should add items to your sidebar or up top like want/needs and a button for us to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! I'm adding you to my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogs! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice to see a new card blog involving the Reds. Welcome to blog world Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bill! Best of luck with the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ballplayers Turned Announcers, Actors, Writers, Etc.

  We all know of ballplayers that become announcers, actors, or writers. This post shows cards for a few notable examples, as well as a few other players with occupations that you may not be aware of. Announcers 1952 Topps card #227. Not only was Joe Garagiola a catcher for parts of nine season with four clubs, but he was also an announcer, writer, and host of numerous television shows. Joe was honored by the Baseball Hall of Fame with the Ford C. Frick Award for outstanding broadcasting accomplishments and he was named as the 2014 recipient of the Buck O'Neil Lifetime Achievement Award, presented once every three years by the Baseball Hall of Fame for positive contributions to Major League Baseball.     1965 Topps card #65. Tony Kubek played for the Yankees for nine seasons, winning the 1957 Rookie of the Year award and selected to three All-Star games. Kubek played in six World Series in the late 1950s and early 1960s, starting in 37 World Series games. Upon his retirement, Kubek

Still on Break

 Once again, I’m just trying to keep blogger alive (does it ever die?). I continue to collect, but am not motivated yet to post. Hopefully I will someday soon. After all, what’s a collection if no one but you sees it? Stay well, CinciCuse Bill

Mordecai (Three Fingers) Brown

  After overcoming a serious childhood injury, Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown went on to become one of the greatest pitchers in baseball history. He won 239 games over 14 seasons in the majors, and his career ERA, 2.06, is sixth-best all-time. Played for the Reds in 1913 with an 11-12 record and a 2.91 ERA. 2004 National Baseball Hall of Fame Postcard. 1982 Dover Publications Reprints National League, T206, NNO. 2011 Monarch Corona Centennial Reprint Series #13. 1977 Dover Publications Classic Baseball Cards Reprints, #32. 1916 Sporting News (M101-5) Reprint #23. 1990 Interpretive Marketing Baseball Wit #89. 1987 TCMA 1907 Chicago Cubs, #2-1907. 1987 Hygrade All-Time Greats, NNO. 1982 Cramer Baseball Legends Series 3, #71. 1980-87 SSPC HOF Baseball Immortals #56. 1961 Fleer Baseball Greats #11. 1992 The Sporting News Conlon Collection #55.  Thanks for visiting. CinciCuse Bill